Nominate or Apply
Alabama Governor’s School is a highly selective program that chooses the best students from around the state to take challenging seminars and participate in team building activities. This year’s Alabama Governor’s School will be held June 12–24, 2022. This is a wonderful opportunity for students to meet new people, gain new experiences, and learn new things that will stay with them throughout their lives.
- Student attends an Alabama high school or is home schooled in Alabama.
- Student is in the eleventh grade.
- Student has the ability, maturity, desire, and willingness to handle difficult situations successfully with advanced academic concepts, materials and activities.
- Student has a positive attitude toward the exploration of new and/or different concepts and areas of study.
- Student has the ability to analyze and synthesize interrelationships between broad areas of the humanities, arts, and sciences.
- Student can adjust to being away from home for an extended period of time and will commit to participate in the full.
- Student has a composite score of 25 or higher on the American College Test (ACT) within the past two years.
- Student has a selection index score of 170 or higher on the PSAT or a score of 1650 or higher on the SAT within the past two years.
- Student exhibits two of the following: excellence in one or more academic areas, excellence in one or more of the fine or performing arts, demonstrated creative or productive thinking ability and problem solving skills, and leadership within the school or community.
- Student has helped the community, either through school or through extracurricular activities such as church, Scouts, etc.
The Alabama Governor’s School is open to qualified residents of the state regardless of race, color, sex, handicap, economic status or national or ethnic origin.